ADA Registration Lookup..
In order to verify that a dog is registered with this registry simply type in the registration number of the dog and click the button. Private information about the dogs owner is never displayed nor is it required by any law. Photos of the dogs are only shown if the owner uploaded one during registration.
Not Registered Yet?
Your dogs appearance and attire such as a service dog vest with identification will without a doubt avoid public doubt and conflicts about the validity of your service animal.
Federal Law Prohibits Discrimination Of Breed,Size,Training Level Or Age Of Any Emotional Support Or Service Dog.
Emotional support dogs do not have to be trained to perform any specific task. Service dogs can be trained by their owners or in any other manner the owner desires to assist them with their disability.
People With Service Animals Must Be Allowed Access To All Public Accommodations. This right takes precedence over all state and local laws which might otherwise prohibit animals in those places such as Stores, Malls, Restaurants, Hotels/Resorts, Airlines,Cruises, Taxi cabs, Buses just to name a few.
The Americans with Disabilities Act, also known as the ADA, clearly states that proof of “certification” cannot be required by any facility or business for legal access if you meet the requirements for a person with a legal disability, and your dog meets the requirements of a service animal. Many business owners and establishments are ignorant of the law, ID Badges will have all of the necessary information should they require further explanation regarding your rights when accompanied by your Service Dog. Complaints Regarding Business Owners Can Be Filed Here
Many landlords and business owners request to see registration paperwork or other identification Identification & proper paperwork should avoid landlord conflicts about the validity of your service animal. Complaints Regarding Landlords Can Be Filed Here
Traveling with your Service Dog The Department of Transportation, also known as D.O.T., Service Animal Guidance for airlines states the following: Carriers shall accept as evidence that an animal is a service animal identifiers such as identification cards, other written documentation, presence of harnesses,tags or the credible verbal assurances of a qualified individual with a disability using the animal.
Please note that the Department of Transportation lists identification cards at the top of their list and only verbal assurance is at the bottom. Many owners of service dogs have reported that the airlines have required some sort of identification even though by law they are not allowed to do this. Please understand that you are NOT required by law to carry one of these cards, however, they should dramatically speed up your process of getting through airport security, etc. without arguments or confrontations. Complaints Regarding Airlines Can Be Filed Here
Most Common Reasons To Register Service Dogs,Emotional Support Dogs and even Therapy Dogs can benefit people with disabilities associated with many diagnoses, including: Arthritis Ataxia (poor balance) Autism Blindness or Impaired Vision Deafness or Impaired Hearing Diabetes Cardio/Pulmonary Disease Cerebral Palsy Physical mobility Issues Multiple Sclerosis (M.S.) Psychiatric Disabilities Seizure Disorders (Epilepsy) Severe Allergy Alert Spina Bifida Spinal Cord/Head Trauma Stroke Anxiety Depression Bipolar disorder Mood disorder Fear/phobias Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Suicidal Thoughts/Tendencies Adjustment Disorder Generalized anxiety disorder Social anxiety disorder Panic disorder Separation anxiety Dissociative Disorders Factitious Disorders Eating Disorders Impulse-Control Disorders Mental Disorders Due to a General Medical Condition Neurocognitive Disorders Mood Disorders Neurodevelopmental Disorders Personality Disorders Psychotic Disorders Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders Sleep Disorders Somatoform Disorders Substance Related Disorders This is just a partial list of disabilities that qualify under ADA. For More Information Click Here
- Places of Public Accommodation”means:
- Inns, hotels, motels, or other places of lodging, except for establishments located within buildings that contain five or fewer rooms for rent or hire, and that are actually occupied by the proprietor as the proprietor’s residence;
- A restaurant, bar, cafeteria, lunchroom, lunch counter, soda fountain, casino, or other establishments serving food or drink, including any such facility located on the premises of any retail establishment;
- a gasoline station, or garage;
- A motion picture house, theater, billiard or pool hall, skating rink, swimming pool, concert hall, sports arena, stadium, amusement and recreation park, fair, or other place of exhibition or entertainment;
- An auditorium, convention center, lecture hall, or other place of public gathering;
- A bakery, grocery store, clothing store, hardware store, shopping center, or other sales or rental establishment;
- A laundromat, dry cleaner, bank, barber shop, beauty shop, travel service, shoe repair service, funeral parlor, office of an accountant or lawyer, pharmacy, insurance office, professional office of a health care provider, clinic, dispensary, hospital, or other service establishment;
- A terminal, depot, or other station used for specified public transportation,
- A museum, library, gallery, or other place of public display or collection;
- A park, zoo, amusement park, or other place of recreation;
- A nursery school or elementary, secondary, undergraduate, or postgraduate private school or other place of education;
- A day care center, senior citizen center, homeless shelter, food bank, adoption agency, or other social service center establishment;
- A gymnasium, health spa, bowling alley, golf course, or other place of exercise or recreation;
- Any other establishment or place to which the public is invited.
- Any establishment physically containing or contained within any of the establishments described in paragraphs
- i—xiv inclusive which holds itself out as serving patrons of the described establishment.
If You Are A Business Owner,Landlord Or Anyone that does not understand the rights of the disabled.
ADA Information Line
The Department of Justice operates a toll-free ADA Information Line to provide information and materials to the public about the requirements of the ADA.
ADA Specialists, who assist callers in understanding how the ADA applies to their situation, are available on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. (Eastern Time) and on Thursday from 12:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. (Eastern Time). Calls are confidential.
To get answers to technical questions, obtain general ADA information, order free ADA materials, or ask about filing a complaint, please call:
To get answers to technical questions, obtain general ADA information Visit ADA Links and Resources
ADA Rights Violations: Information Regarding Filing A Complaint Can Be Filed Here